Sunday, July 5, 2009

Walking in Balance


"Seek the truly practical life, but seek it in such a way that you do not become blind to the spirit working in it. Seek the spirit, but do not seek it out of spiritual greed, but rather seek it because you wish to selflessly apply it in the practical life in the spiritual world."--RUDOLF STEINER

I have just returned from a week of studying at the Rudolf Steiner College in Fair Oaks. For 12 hours a day I was filled with inspiration and ideas in the art of teaching 7th grade in preparation for the coming school year. All the the rich knowledge that I am to plow into as my class prepares to go into the year of the Renaissance means absolutely nothing to me if it was just for myself. Yet, being a teacher of a class of wonderful souls, this knowledge becomes an offering to them to help inspire them in their road of becoming beautiful human beings.

I see teaching, and everything for that matter, as simply an opportunity of being present, of having an open heart, and being open to inspiration from above. The classroom is but a setting and the work but props for love to find itself from one to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment