Friday, August 14, 2009

The Real World


As I found myself today with my mind spinning over the faults in my world, the imperfections of myself and others, about how the world should be by the way I want it to be, I finally got a chance to sit quietly in contemplation. I then randomly opened "A Course in Miracles' and "Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi" and I was gently brought back to my knowing.


Sit quietly and look upon the world you see, and tell yourself: "The real world is not like this. It has no buildings and there are no streets where people walk alone and separate. There are no stores where people buy an endless list of things they do not need. It is not lit with artificial light, and night comes not upon it. There is no day that brightens and grows dim. There is not loss. Nothing is there but shines, and shines forever."--ACIM


Does the realized being tell you that the world is full of pain? It is the other one who feels the pain and seeks the help of the wise saying that the world is painful. Then the wise one explains from his experience that if one withdraws within the self there is an end of pain. The pain is felt so long as the object is different from oneself. But when the self is found to be an undivided whole who and what is there to feel? The realized mind is the Holy Spirit and the other mind is the home of the devil. For the realized being this is the Kingdom of Heaven. "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you." That Kingdom is here and now.--Ramana

No comments:

Post a Comment